Welcome to

Frequently Asked Questions
  • Who is in charge of the Police Department?

Chief L. Patrick

  • What are the Police Department’s business hours?

8 a.m. -4:30 p.m.

  • Where is the police department located?

 We are located at 1106 Notasulga Rd.

  • I need to get a background check done. What do I do?

 The Tuskegee Police Department only   provides local background checks.

  You will need to go to the City of Tuskegee   Revenue department at the Tuskegee   Municipal Complex and pay a fee of $10.00.   You then will need to bring the receipt to the   Police Department along with proper    identification, one of which must include a    photo.

  • Who do I call in case of an emergency?

  Immediately call 911. Be prepared to    provide the location and a description of the    emergency. An emergency is when:

  • Life and/or property is in immediate danger
  • There is fire or smoke
  • A crime is being committed
  • Emergency medical or rescue assistance is needed.
  • How do I schedule a Career Day & Safety presentation?

      Call the police station at (334) 727-       0200 and ask for the Operations       Commander.

  • What is Crime Stoppers and how does it work?

  Crime Stoppers is a program that   involves police, media and citizens in

  the fight against crime. Citizens who

 call crime stoppers do not have to   give their name or testify in court.

   Rewards are paid up to $1,000.00   with money donated to this non-   profit organization.

  •  Do you have Neighborhoods Watch Programs?

Yes.  Call the police department’s main  number at (334) 727-0200 to learn  more about it.

  • My property was seized, how do I get it back?

First, the property must be released by the court. The property may be picked up at the police department at the following times:  

       Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.-        5:00p.m.

  • Do you have a Ride-Along program?

 Yes, Citizens who do not have a  criminal record and are 18 years of  age or older may ride with an officer twice a year. Pick up an application at the police department.

  • How do I get a copy of a police report?

 You will need to go to the City of  Tuskegee Revenue Department at the  Tuskegee  Municipal Complex (101  Fonville  Street). The price is $10.00  Bring your  receipt and pick up the  report at the police department.

  • Who do I contact regarding lost or stolen items?

 (334) 727-0200

  • Does the Police Department have auctions on confiscated items? If so when?

 No, they do not.

  • Where do I go to pay for a traffic citation?

 Charles G. Gomillion Building (302 S.  Main St.)